Hamlin Helps with West Virginia Flood ReliefJuly 28, 2016
Denny Hamlin has partnered with The NASCAR Foundation to benefit the victims of the West Virginia flooding in late June. The floods killed 23 people and devastated homes, businesses and infrastructure.
Five experiences and seven items have been placed for online auction. The listings can be bid on until August 1 at FanaticsAuctions.com (click this link).
In addition to the auction, Hamlin is handing out toys and school supplies on July 28 at the White Sulphur Springs train station to Greenbrier County students affected by the floods. Fellow NASCAR driver Kyle Larson is joining him.
List of experiences and items for auction:
- Four grandstand tickets to the 2016 Goody's Fast Relief at Martinsville Speedway, October 30, 2016
- Four grandstand tickets to the 2016 Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, October 8, 2016
- Four grandstand tickets to the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Speedway, September 10, 2016
- Behind the scenes tour of the Hendrick Heritage Center in Charlotte, North Carolina that features Rick Hendrick’s car collection and other memorabilia
- Denny Hamlin meet and greet, plus two all-access garage passes to the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 400 at Chicagoland Speedway, September 16th-18th
- Replica helmet autographed by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 2016 Daytona 500 Winner Denny Hamlin
- Rare sheet metal piece autographed by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie driver Chase Elliott
- Rare Tony Stewart autographed 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Champagne bottle from Homestead Miami Speedway
- #88 "Kelly Blue Book" hat Autographed by NASCAR Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- 2015 Hendrick Motorsports crew shirt featuring Farmers Insurance #5 team
- 2015 Hendrick Motorsports crew shirt featuring The Lowes #48 team
- Clint Bowyer autographed "Scheck Industries" visor
All proceeds go to Denny Hamlin Foundation for the flooding victims in Greenbrier, West Virginia. Greenbrier County accounted for 15 of the 23 deaths.
“The devastation in West Virginia, especially around Greenbrier County, was heartbreaking to see unfold,” said Hamlin, a regular on The Greenbrier’s golf courses, who wears the resort’s logo on the sleeve of his racing fire suit. “The area is full of hard-working, honest people that, unfortunately, lost a lot. I have seen a lot of other athletes and celebrities help the residents of West Virginia in various ways, and I wanted to give back, as well. Providing area children with new toys is just a small part of the rebuilding process, but hopefully it provides a little relief for the friends, family and neighbors of the Greenbrier.”