Considered one of the all-time greatest late model drivers in the Virginias and Carolinas, Denny Hamlin is a bona fide superstar in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The 2006 Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year became the first rookie to ever qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup and has qualified for the Chase in each year he's been racing NASCAR's most elite level. The longest-tenured driver at Joe Gibbs Racing, Hamlin first piloted his No. 11 FedEx-sponsored car to victory in the 2006 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona and amassed two wins during his rookie season and continues to be a race win contender at every stop on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. In fact, Denny recorded a season-high eight race wins in 2010 to nearly capture the 2010 series title. In 2014, Denny qualified for the Championship round of the playoff style format that the NASCAR Chase for the Cup adapted nearly winning his first title. Denny is highly regarded by his peers and the media, who consider him a top contender each year to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
Born November 18 1980 in Tampa, Fla...raised in Chesterfield, Virginia and resides in Huntersville, NC...enjoys spending time family, his daughter Taylor and friends while following Washington Redskins (NFL), Virginia Tech football (NCAA), and Charlotte Hornets (NBA)...hobbies include golf, basketball, boating, traveling, skiing, playing cards and raising awareness for Cystic Fibrosis research through the Denny Hamlin Foundation.
- 2016 Daytona 500 Race Winner
- 2015 Sprint All-Star Race Winner
- 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Chase Championship Round contender
- 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship third-place finisher
- 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship sixth-place finisher
- 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Runner-Up with 8 wins
- Nine-Time Chase for the Sprint Cup Qualifier (2006-2012, 2014, 2015) - 2nd longest streak in NASCAR history
- 26 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Victories (career-high 8 wins in 2010)
- 23 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series poles
- 2014 & 2008 Budweiser Duel at Daytona winner
- First rookie in NASCAR history to qualify for Chase
- 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year
- 2006 Budweiser Shootout winner as Rookie
- 14 career NASCAR Xfinity Series victories and 20 Xfinity Series Poles